Thursday, August 12, 2010

new work, new blog

As an artist I am interested in so many things, some of which are spaces we live in, work in, and socialize in. I am also interested in what makes all of us do what we do. I ask the questions, "why do we act a certain way in public/private?," "how are these actions governed?," "what makes some of us do things which are different?," "what greater meaning comes from this difference?" I guess I feel as though there is a certain degree of performance which occurs that makes us all do what we do, as well as other factors. I often find myself wondering how we perform in spaces that are nondigital [analog] versus how we perform in spaces that are digital. It is an interesting divide.

Using a blog, is a studio tool I use. It helps me to become distanced from my work... to digest it in different ways. I will be using this blog in that way...as a digital studio journal.

1 comment:

  1. I will be appreciative of your upcoming thoughts. Your topics of inquiry surely are potent.

    ReplyDelete